Question: What are some of the most common mistakes people make when it comes to a job interview:
1. Not being on time.
2. Offering a weak or wimpy handshake.
3. Showing disrespect or being discourteous or rude.
4. Texting or talking on cell phone during interview.
5. Lack of knowledge about the organization and its mission, values, goals, and clientele.
6. Inability to speak about personal brand with confidence, clarity and conviction.
7. Disheveled, poor appearance and lack of good grooming.
8. Don't take the interview conversation seriously.
9. Lack of knowledge about the product (YOU) and its value, impact on the organization.
10. Lack of career focus and direction.
11. Lack of professionalism in words, actions and overall demeanor.
12. Poor communication skills when there appears to be no valid reason for same.
13. Bad attitude and use of negative-sounding language, including profanity.
14. Unwillingness to embrace social media, technology to keep up with changing times.
15. Lack of overall preparation.