“The only gift is a portion of thyself. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Um….well, I really haven’t thought about it that much. Since his question, I have been thinking about it and now, via this post, I will ask you:
What work-related gift do you want Santa to bring you this holiday season?
I have been making a list, though I have yet to check it twice. So far, my list has:
- More jobs for more people.
- More career management education for job seekers to enhance their chances of getting a job when they do get a lead.
- Sustained passion for helping job seekers master knowledge of their product, brand and value to better compete for jobs that do exist.
- More patience for all (including self) in an impatient world where speed, now and immediacy seem to drive everything.
- And an unwavering resolve: That no matter who walks through my office door, I will strive to do my best to serve them even if they (or I) bring an occasional bah, humbug attitude. Hopefully, by the time they leave my office, together, we will have created a few sprinkles of holiday cheer.
“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present. ~~ Babatunde Olatunji, also attributed to Alice Morse Earle